> I like the model-view-presenter architecture. However I am not at all
> sold on mocking out the view and testing just the presenter. The
> problems is that you are not testing 3 of the potentially most error
> prone parts of the system: 1) The browser and DOM, 2) The GWT widget
> library and 3) the GWT java to javascript conversion.

True, you need to test these integration tests. But I also agree with
Thomas, having extremely quick presenter-only tests is worthwhile.

You have to grow in to it though; at first I did not trust any of GWT,
nor my usage of GWT, because I was new to it and it'll all fairly
magical. So I had no idea, presenter-only tests or not, what
presenters were actually going to do when the real view was hooked up.

But after I'd worked with the app/GWT/etc. for awhile, I realized that
its very unlikely that GWT would suddenly stop working while I tweaked
some presenter business logic. At which point I started having faith
in presenter-only tests.

Not blind faith, of course, because I still have some browser-based
integration tests, but enough faith to use presenter-only tests for my
primary red/green TDD cycle.

- Stephen