I agree that it would be very helpful to see some examples of building
a more complex composite UI.

I've been trying to find a good way to handle this while keeping a
clean separation between view and presenter. It gets worse when trying
to use GIN along with UiBinder. Both help with construction of object
graphs, but I'm struggling to find a way to use them to construct
parallel, linked presenter/view hierarchies. The best I've come up
with so far is to inject the presenter into the view, mark any
injected views as @UiField(provided=true), and not worry about trying
to put the presenters into a hierarchy... just let them dangle off of
the view instances. However, that presents other problems when it
comes to configuring different instances of the view/presenter pairs
(the view is starting to be not-so-dumb).

As for the complexity of the example code, it looks to me like there
isn't any "Contact" specific code in the most complex parts of
ContactsViewImpl. This could probably be moved into framework classes
(which could be thoroughly tested with GwtTestCase) where application
developers wouldn't have to look at it every day or worry about the
complexity.

-Brian