Because the array is bound to the sub-frame used by GWT.

When you create an array using [], the Array function is called. This
is the same as "new Array()". Then the following condition returns
true: [].constructor == Array.

But, there is an Array function for each frame. If you create an array
in one frame, and use the same comparison in another, it will returns
false.

You must create your array using "new $wnd.Array()". That's another
reason to do a real wrapper ;).

Olivier