Hi M.

    I'm also here checking out GWT and I believe I
may have tested something that may help you.

I think it was while I was running some of the examples
in the GWT section of "What's Coming in 2.1" using the
MVP Framework.

In this section there's a link to  Spring Roo >> http://www.springsource.org/roo

It's a bit of work, but after setting everything up there's a
Roo demo application there that has a simple login to demonstrate the
security features of the Spring Roo Framework.  If you are
familiar with Ruby on Rails, it seems to me that Spring Roo has
the same powerful funcionality ... and I love the way they use the
console and simple commands to generate the framework, and also,
what they call 'entities'.  All this, of course, done in Java code.

Perhaps you can ask for more info at their site.  It's been awhile
since I ran the demos ... but I'm pretty sure this is what you're
looking for.

Hope this helps.
Jim