Hi Joe,

You mean Record class from GWT 2.1? or smartGWT record?
We are doing exactly what you are expecting but not with GWT Record.
We are converting (JPA) domain entity into SmartGWT record, GXT model
data, or pure GWT "map" - something like GWT record. We are calling
this beanWrappers and you can find the documentation here:
http://code.google.com/p/acris/wiki/BeanWrappers

Implementation for GWT map is here:
http://acris.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/acris-binding/src/main/java/sk/seges/acris/binding/rebind/bean/BeanWrapperCreator.java
or smartGWT one is here:
http://acris.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/acris-showcase/acris-showcase-ui-support/src/main/java/sk/seges/acris/binding/rebind/bean/smartgwt/SmartGWTRecordWrapperCreator.java

At least it is good starting point for the inspiration, or I can help
you with concrete implementation that fits your needs.

Peter