I'm running into this problem on XP with Maven 2.2.1, STS 2.5.1 Release.

Interesting enough if I run Maven gwt:run everything seems to work fine.
Which suggests there is a bug within GPE as opposed to maven gwt plugin. I
also don't remember this bug occurring with last milestone release of STS.

Karthik