>From what i read in this forum, many users got problems installing ver
2.2.

What i'd like to know, as many of us, is a definitive answer from
google. Since, this trial&error
approach by all these users may lead to wrong hints and apparently
correct solution, that may
work in some cases, but would worsen the situation in others.

As far as i know (somebody corrects me if i'm wrong) the up-to-date
situation is that, we need to be sure to uninstall the following
plugins before updating to 2.2:

eRCP Designer
GWT Designer
GWT Designer Core
GWT Designer Editor
Swing Designer
SWT Designer
SWT Designer Core
SWT Designer SWT_AWT Support
SWT Designer XWT Support
WindowBuilder Core
WindowBuilder Core Documentation
WindowBuilder Core UI
WindowBuilder CSS Support
WindowBuilder GroupLayout Support
WindowBuilder XML Core

>From my experience, i can say that this is NOT sufficient to complete
a correct installation for Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) from
http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/3.6
(which is the formal link to use that google is publishing here:
http://code.google.com/intl/it-IT/eclipse/docs/download.html )

--Alex