Hmm...

Well, the next thing I'd try and do is take the war to a separate machine, set TC 7 up on that, and then do a wget to http://localhost:8080/<whatever your context name is> and see what's what.

From what you've said, it seems very unlikely that its anything to do with GWT. Are you absolutely sure you don't have some proxy or something thats caching what you had originally? If the war has the "right stuff" in it, then you shouldn't be seeing anything else - if the war has the old stuff still in it, then its your build process. Don't forget as someone pointed out earlier that when you are running Tomcat with Eclipse, by default the TC webapps dir is *NOT* in the actual TC installation - its in ${workspace_loc} .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/<your context>

You can configure this from within Eclipse.

Regards

Alan

On 1/26/2012 12:49 PM, KGD wrote:
That's right and that's why I'm perplexed.

In trying to resolve this, I unpacked the war file and decompiled the
class files and the code is the good/current code base for my app
which executes correctly in the App Engine development mode within
Eclipse.

Here are my steps for deployment of my code:
1. Select<Project>  from the Eclips project tree
2. From the Eclipse menu bar, select the GWT | GWT - Compile Option
3. No errors during compilation
4. Select<Project>  from the Eclipse tree and right-click and select
'Export'
5. Set the export location to be<Project>.jar in the war\WEB-INF\lib
\<Project>.jar
6. Using an ant build.xml, run as Ant Build; war file created
7. Using Tomcat Manager app, 'choose file'<Project>.war
8. Select Deploy
9. War file deployed, application context exists
10. Select app context and OLD CONTENT displayed.

I've opened the<project>.nocache.js file and it appears to reflect
what I think are the appropriate bindings for my rpc calls; definitely
more than static placement of values from original test deployment.

Thanks,
KGD