Of course I recognize the pain and a few weeks ago I have to admit I was
less positive then now..
But in the mean time many things have happened, issues are being fixxed as
we speak...
Yes, I also have a lotttt of issues that are put on AssumedStale... But
that means they get a lower priority, not that they are forgotten!..

Please put yourself in their position (GWT dev member)...
Imagine you just entered the GWT dev team and have to clean up 5000 open
issues ?... What would you do ?...
Of course it's a bad thing that it got this far, but taken as it is, Google
had their own private gwt issue tracker and hardly used the public issue
tracker (follow the sources please)...
All these things have changed, contributors are joining the gwt development
and things are being picked up quicker then before...
Patient please, see it as GWT just started as it's completely different
"thing" now..

I understand your "complaints", but please turn them around in "help"...
The way things are setup now, it's very easy to contribute code to to the
Trunc, others will review it, and accepted (if your lucky ;)...
This setup certainly invites me (and others) to do this...

Like mentioned, every body stresses/usages the browser differently, that
results in different kind of issues. As such, it might be hard that your
issues get  attention. The more reason to pick them up yourself and
contribute (in the past contributing was hard, as google had strict rules,
that all changed now)...

BTW: this is nothing... Hibernate is/was much worse ;)... The Hibernate dev
team would hammer you down ;)....