If you used dd and you can mount it "sudo mount -o loop,offset=$((512*63))
image.bin <dir>" and also boot it with qemu, then it should just work with
iscsi.
You do need a partition table with an active partition - freedos should do
that for you when installing.

Quinn

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Ruzsinszky Attila <
ruzsinszky.att...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Don't give up. :-)  It took me a long time too to understand iscsi but
> it is
> > great once you have a working setup.
> OK.
>
> Reverse our think.
> If I've got a working FreeDOS HDD (from a virtual machine) and I can mount
> it under linux and I use dd and put on that image on an iSCSI server does
> it
> have to boot?
> Or do I have to prepare it somehow before I put on iSCSI?
>
> TIA,
> Ruzsi

Best regards/Med venlig hilsen,
Quinn Plattel