As far as I remember, the geometry for the hard drive should be 255 heads,
63 sectors per track.  Try and use qemu with a raw disk image or virtualbox
with a vmdk file pointing to a raw image, then they should at least use 63
sectors per track as the geometry, so if you setup freedos under one of
these virtual machines onto a flat hard disk image, then you should just be
able to move the raw or flat image file over to your iscsi target and use
that for booting.

The reason why installation is so slow over iscsi is because all reads and
writes are going through the gpxe bios to the iscsi disk - that is the only
option under dos.  Under windows and linux, they have native drivers for
the netcard so it is usually at least 50x faster with those operating
systems.

btw, have you looked through this document:
http://etherboot.org/wiki/sanboot/freedos

br,
Quinn

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 7:19 AM, Ruzsinszky Attila <
ruzsinszky.att...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> ... and waiting, waiting és waiting....
> > Something is happening: 10% in half an hour for a 40MB HDD!!!
> > Isn't it a little bit slooooooooow, it is?
> The partition was finished in some hours.
> The setup asked me to reboot. After it I got:
> Registered as BIOS drive 0x80
> Booting from BIOS drive 0x80
> Invalid Operating System!
>
> and VMware (or gPXE) do nothing.
>
> Is that so hard installing a FreeDOS in an iSCSI drive?
>
> TIA,
> Ruzsi

Best regards/Med venlig hilsen,
Quinn Plattel