never expect Dalit bureaucracy to be better than that of the
Brahimn/"upper"caste
such an essentialist approach emntng from thh binary of good/bad is
prblmatic
reservation limits to the question of equal opportunities/representation

and it would be typical leftist kind argument that Dalits after climbing the
ladder of success forget those who r at the bottom.. and including Ambedkar
and mayavati in that list seems so ahistoric and funny...one reason
for mayavati's victory is her grass root connection..
without ambedkar's tryst with modernity and his contrbution to the
post-modern cultural  discourse, Dalits would ve been nowhere... the
emancipatory terrain with which dalits in rural/urban/semi urban India move
ahead has been constructd by visionaries such as Ambedkar.. but it s not an
end in itself..
struggles of the marginalised DAlits/adivasis are the potentials grounds for
socil transfrmation
and it carry forward the subaltern theorsations of social chjange