"The other important thing here is to recognise the symbols - Coke is a
symbol of water-rights and environmental abuse"
Do symbols overpower us at times?

Suppose the product is an undergarment or condum. Will there be a conspicous
campaign to boycot
it?

Another concern always disturbed me in discusiions like this is about the
judgemental nature of it.
( I am sure, once I take part in this discussion, i will be judged)

Is boycotting a symbol of the political correctness of the boycotters?   The
performative nature of such acts need to be rethought.

Most of the time, those who are not in the least sympathetic to the struggle
raise such allegations against those who support it.

Laha Gopalan, owns land, so he is not morally qualified to lead the land
struggle.

This guy uses this product, so s/he is not qualified to support this
struggle.

When boycotting itself is a form of struggle, the situation is different.
Otherwise I always doubt such "impeachments".
I stand by Aryan's sincere position here.  Not that others are hypocratic.
But there is a fear factor underneath, I am 'afraid'

--
Dileep R I thuravoor