On Tue, 5 May 2009, Riccardo (Jack) Lucchetti wrote:

> On Sun, 3 May 2009, Allin Cottrell wrote:
>
> > So I've now made it that the econ view pops open automatically
> > when I guess people might want to see it.  If you don't like
> > this behavior you can turn it off, by unchecking the box
> > "Show icon view automatically" under /Preferences.
>
> Is there anyone else apart from me who would like to reverse the
> default? That is, don't pop the icon view up automatically unless I ask
> gretl to?

I don't have very strong feelings about this, but I think that
reversing the default would kind of defeat the object.  Experts
can easily turn the option off, while novices -- for whose benefit
the option was introduced -- would be relatively unlikely to find
it and turn it on, no?

Further thoughts welcome.

Allin.