On Tue, 5 May 2009, Berend Hasselman wrote:

> 1. In the View menu you can choose Icon view and Scalars. Why not
> matrices in the view menu?
>      The current situation only lets you see matrices in icon view.
>      I realise that you can't really show the contents of all defined
> matrices but a list of matrices and
>      then clicking on or selecting a name to view the matrix would be
> nice.
>      Because now I have to open an icon view and double click on a
> matrix name (Selecting and Enter do nothing)

Sorry, but I don't really understand.  Matrices are present and
available in the icon view, as you say, and double-clicking shows
their content.  For those who don't like to double-click we could
easily implement select-and-Enter to open them.  Scalars have
their own viewer item simply because it would be insane to have an
icon for each scalar variable.

> 2. Why not show scalars and matrices in the main window?

We've been over this before in the mailing list.  I don't say that
the issue is resolved but I would ask: please think about how
_exactly_ this should be done.  It's easy to say in general terms,
but (IMO) quite difficult to come up with a concrete design that
does not just over-complicate the main gretl window.

Allin.