Hi Ilya,

I very much agree with your adjustments. My goal was to just provide an example of what one could do.

Then to play devil's advocate one could observe that we should perhaps not bind the updates to sessions at all. In fact persistence draft is just about cutting that binding.

I guess the fact that we use TCP for BGP is sort of legacy and perhaps the more Shakespeare we put in BGP (on 179 or different instance) we should revisit how we transport the UPDATE messages betwen BGP peers.

Best,
R.