Pedantry perhaps, but I think you mean "routes" and not "UPDATEs". No
implementation should literally be dropping UPDATE messages under any
circumstances (well, unless it closes the session then). For that matter, they
shouldn't be dropping routes (in the sense of discarding them unprocessed), so
I think you mean "filtered by policy" and not "dropped".

£0.02,

--John