On 22.04.2010, at 14:56, Wallace, Malcolm wrote:

>>>   $ cabal build;
>>>   Preprocessing library glib-0.10.5
>>>   Gtk2hsC2hs.exe: does not exist
>>
>> So simply running gtk2hsC2hs.exe on the command line works but cabal
>> doesn't manage to start it? That's odd. You could try to run 'cabal
>> build -v' and see how cabal tries to run gtk2hsC2hs.exe. Does it have
>
>> to do with the .exe suffix?
>
> I'm pretty sure that the error message is generated by gtk2hsC2hs, not
> by the shell.  That is, if I cut-n-paste the gtk2hsC2hs commandline
> from
> cabal build -v, I see exactly the same error message, but if I give
> different arguments on the commandline, gtk2hsC2hs responds with
> different errors, e.g.
>    "Supply the header file followed by the binding file."
> If the tool was not on the PATH, the error would instead be something
> like
>    gtk2hsC2hs: command not found

Oh I see. Yes, I guess that's my fault.

I hard coded the program "cpp" into this c2hs version. It should
probably be called cpp.exe or something and it may not be the GNU cpp.
A portable way of finding a valid cpp would be to use autoconf. But
maybe I can get this information from within Setup.hs as it knows how
to run cpp.

Can you link cpp to some cpp.exe and try again? That would at least
pin down the cause.

Thanks,
Axel