I've really had no problems as such. I live in Salt Lake City at a
little less than a mile high, but when I hit the canyons in the
mountains, I'm sure that I go over that altitude.

There is a slight hesitation on occasion, but otherwise, it works
flawlessly. I moved to Salt Lake from California and there is a BIG
difference in the power. However, this is simply a case of logistics as
there is less air at higher altitudes. And an engine is, more or less,
an air pump. Hence, less power to produce.

Everytime I take the bike to California to visit friends and family, I
am amazed at the power that it produces at sea level. Its fast! Then I
get back to Salt Lake and ho-hum, just a fairly quick bike, but nothing
to get excited about. However, I like the fact that I don't have to make
any adjustments to the EFI, unlike a carborated bike. I know, I used to
have an XS1100, and I had to rejet it to make it run worth a hoot at
this altitude.

Oh yeah, if the filters are dirty, or the plugs not so clean, or the gas
not so qualitity, it will run a bit 'rummy'. Oil changes seem to help
too. =;^)

Brandon (Yeah, yeah, I run Yamalube SemiSynth!)