Andy, I'm not quite sure what you are doing but I'm trying to find a K&N
replacement fro the stock filters. They clog up fast. When new the bike
runs real well. I would not suggest messing with the air box at all. Its an
integral part of the intake tuning. Putting a K&N's on the end of the
snorkal with the stock filters removed would probably work as long as the
filtration area is equal or greater than stock. I am sending an old filter
to K&N for a matchup.  Stan