Really? The rear brake on my GTS is VERY strong. In fact it is the most
effective rear brake I've experienced on any bike I've owned! Excellent
feel, excellent power. The difference might be the pads. I'm using EBC black
(Street Compound) and you're probably still on stock. I honestly can't
remember how the OEM back pads felt years ago, although the OEM front pads
were very good! The only problem I saw with the front pads was that they
were semi-metallic which seemed to wear the rotors a bit. The EBC blacks are
simple organic pads.

Kevin Hawkins // Greensboro, NC
AMA #609423  // [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.geocities.com/~raddboy
Y2K Kawasaki ZRX1100 // '93 Yamaha GTS1000