--- Roberto Alonso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >From: "Michel Bijl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >I have a 120 front.
> >However I'm not sure how courageous I am in testing
> the stopping distance.
> >Would the body mass of the driver be of any
> influence on the stopping
> >distance?
>
> Yes. A lot. Have someone ride your pillion and
> you'll notice that distance
> increasing. Same with a loaded bike (with stuff, I
> mean). Body mass is just
> the same, more mass will increase your momentum
> (inertia) and take longer to
> stop.
>
> Roberto the ostracized.

I'll pick on your observation, Roberto.  All else
being equal, rider mass will NOT affect stopping
distance.  The more the mass to stop, the more the
downforce this mass has and thus increases traction
available to stop.  This continues until you overpower
the brakes or blow-up the tires.
This was the day I was awake in physics class...
Fl Kev