Hi Ricardo,

On Wed, Nov 01 2023, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

> What do you think about changing “guix package” and/or “guix copy” to
> better support deployment of remote profiles?

As someone who uses 'guix deploy' all the time. I believe remote
administration is one of our core strengths and selling points. Other
remote administration tools like Ansible or Puppet are probably no
longer needed when using GNU Guix System.

I currently have only x86_64 equipment deployed, so there is no
cross-building happening in my setup. Is that the main purpose of your
proposal?

Your effort to extend Guix's spectacular remote capabilities to other
parts of of the Guix package manager seems exceptionally valuable to
me. Thank you for working on it!

Kind regards
Felix