Hello,

Felix Lechner <felix.lech...@lease-up.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 07 2023, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>
>> Then your suggestion to extend 'guix package' to be able to
>> install a profile from a store profile sounds useful, or perhaps a new
>> 'guix deploy-profile' (or a better name / sub-command?) that would
>> automate the copy and installation in one step.
>
> We have a lot of sub-commands already. Could 'guix deploy' instead be
> fed something other than a 'machine' record?

Perhaps too much of an overload of that command; not sure.

> How about a 'remote-user-profile'?

'guix package' is already the command we use to create profiles; maybe
it could accept a '--remote' argument to operate on a remote machine?
Or is this not what 'GUIX_DAEMON_SOCKET=ssh://your-target guix package
-m manifest.scm' can already accomplish? :-)

--
Thanks,
Maxim