jbra...@dismail.de writes:

> I would like to pay $5 a month to have an xmpp account
> coolawesomeusern...@guix.gnu.org
>
> Are there other interested parties?  It might be a possible way to generate
> $$ to continue developing guix.

I’d rather not commercialize stuff like this, especially not for project
communication.  I wouldn’t want our servers to cache image,
video, and audio uploads by “coolawesomeusername” that aren’t related to
discussing Guix.  Nor would I want to give the impression that
“coolawesomeusername”’s activities are in any way endorsed by
guix.gnu.org.  We don’t ache for $5 a month, and giving away autonomy
over the name and what it is associated with is worth far more than a
trickle of $5.

In my personal opinion (as an experienced curmudgeon) I think that
setting things up for commercialization is to invite unspeakable dread
and rot.

--
Ricardo