Hello Folks,
I thought I'd hit you with the following question to see what you all
think of it.
If you have a target that is hidden behind some object such that he is only
half exposed - the target gets a beneficial modifier on his behalf. If you
have a target that is standing out in the open in a "weaver" stance for
example, he is perpendicular to the shooter and fully exposed. But what if
you have a target that turns his body sideways to you before you fire at
him. By definition, he has pretty much halved the target space he was
occupying and thus, would be in a similar situation as a target who is
behind cover of sorts with only half his body showing.
In such a circumstance, would it be worth noting as a GM, that a PC who
turns his body sideways for extra survival purposes, should gain such a
benefit?
Personally? I'm inclined towards permitting this. The caveat of course is
that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander. PC's who can
turn sideways in an effort to minimize their target profile should also
have to deal with NPC's who do the same. I'm inclined towards making such
an action highly unlikely for NPC's who do not have the skill Tactics at a
level of at least 12, possibly 14.
Thoughts?
Hal
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l