At 01:37 PM 6/6/2006, you wrote:
I Mentioned the Weaver Stance primarily to give people a means to
visiualize the stance of the target relative to the shooter that someone
like you or me would know ;)

I won't be using the weaver combat stance in the game nor permit it.

Isosceles should be permissible as it's a very natural stance, however.

>but the average gunman or cowboy probably didn't.  You might want to
>contact the folks at the Single Action Shooting Society and see
>whether they have a chapter near where you live so you can attend and
>get an idea on a modern take at old west gunfighting.  The people at
>the events I've attended have been among the most knowledgeable,
>kind, and pleasant folks I've ever met and when they're not competing
>are more than willing to talk all about the club, it's events,
>history, and the old west.

I might be a bit gun shy (pun intended) when it comes to directing
questions at the people who do the real McCoy when it comes to cowboy
shooting, mounted shooting etc.  I will however browse through the website
you've mentioned.  :)  Yee Haw!

They thrive on people asking questions. In no time at all, they'll have you signed up, decked out, and on the line shooting at Black Bart and the other outlaws. :-) They looked at me funny when I asked if I could use a C-96 Mauser...it was in action before the turn of the century. ;-) They saw the humor but in the end said no. :-)

>>Now all I'd have to do is consider the effects of gunpowder smoke acting as
>>a mild form of teargas (in heavy enough concentrations) or obscurring the
>>view if you have enough of it hanging about YOU, and so on.
>
>Maybe a very minor obscurement penalty, if that.  You're not going to
>have a couple dozen shooters in an ordered line touch off volley fire.

About the only time I can see it mattering is if a person stays in one
place and fires off a lot of rounds in place, or is in a building where
people are shooting over the bar-top or behind the upturned poker table and
stuff like that.

Yup.

>>I might even
>>do some minor research on various weapons and see if I can make it worth
>>the while for people to just have plain fun.
>
>Check with the folks at the Single Action Shooting Society,
>http://www.sassnet.com .  You'll learn more than you probably know is
>out there!

Thanks for the pointer :)

No prob. They're good people and I'm sure will be able to answer your questions to your satisfaction.


Kurt Feltenberger
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
TEOTWAWKI Fiction And Discussion http://www.teotwawki.net

"To our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations,
     may she always be in the right, but our country, right or wrong!"
~Stephen Decatur

_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to