At 07:49 AM 8/17/2006, you wrote:
> All - even the GURPS SPACE, as well as GURPS 4e Characters and
> Campaign (although they only had one set of those).  It is the same
> place I purchased a copy of the bound & Signed versions of
> GURPS 4e Characters and Campaign for $50.


Perhaps e23 is very successful?

Comments after the fact notwithstanding, I think that the length of time from when 4th Ed. was released to when some of the core supplements have been released has hurt Gurps in the average gamer's point of view. World books are nice, but the foundation books need to be done and on the shelf so the game as a whole is appealing. Space, Special Ops, Vehicles, and some of the other "non-world" books should have been released within six to eight months, at the most, of when 4e was released.

Then again, if the other 4e books are anything like G:T Interstellar Wars, I can understand why a shop would firesale it to get it off the shelves. Since I started playing Traveller in the late 70s, this is the first product with which I've been truly disappointed.

Kurt Feltenberger
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
TEOTWAWKI Fiction And Discussion http://www.teotwawki.net

"To our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations,
     may she always be in the right, but our country, right or wrong!"
~Stephen Decatur

_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to