> Comments after the fact notwithstanding, I think that the length of
> time from when 4th Ed. was released to when some of the core
> supplements have been released has hurt Gurps in the average gamer's
> point of view.  World books are nice, but the foundation books need
> to be done and on the shelf so the game as a whole is
> appealing.  Space, Special Ops, Vehicles, and some of the other
> "non-world" books should have been released within six to eight
> months, at the most, of when 4e was released.

Space and vehicles definitely, you could do Spec Ops with the 3e version
quite happily.

The rate of book production seems really low to me, it would be possible
to keep up with teh 4e releases, I don't remember being able to do that
with 3e, back in the day.

> Then again, if the other 4e books are anything like G:T Interstellar
> Wars, I can understand why a shop would firesale it to get it off the
> shelves.  Since I started playing Traveller in the late 70s, this is
> the first product with which I've been truly disappointed.

How about G:T Mercenaries - I thought that was a very sloppy piece of work.

The Stranger

-- 
|\_/| Gareth L Owen, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(o o) Man in Black, heretic and itinerant DBA
 \_/  MSN IM ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to