On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Pierre & Sandy Pettinger wrote:

IIRC, the reason the photos are so crisp and the colors clear is that they used an 8-color separation printing process, rather than the usual 4-color. One wonders if the 2-volume edition only used 4-color, since it is so much cheaper than the 1-volume was.

I have both versions--ordered the 2 volume set without realizing it was the same book. To me, the colors in the 2 volume set look just as vibrant and beautiful as those in the single volume.

--and--