There are examples of edgings and collars made from waved braid in 1850s and
1860s
editions of Godey's Lady's Book, Peterson's Magazine and other period
magazines.

I have several original mid-19th century garments with waved braid trim in my
collection. Some are created with crochet, but two examples appear to be made
with
a needle-lace technique. I haven't found instructions for that technique so
far,
but I'm still looking.

Carolann Schmitt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.genteelarts.com
Ladies & Gentlemen of the 1860s Conference, March 2 -5, 2006