Quoting Suzi Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Could someone explain what "ric-rac" is? It doesn't seem to be what I understand. I have several cards of ric-rac braid I got in a sale, and would use it to sew on to a garment for decoration. It was a very popular trim in the mid 50's if I remember right - that's the 1950's! But ric-rac involving crochet is a total mystery to me. Yet another example of two countries separated by the same language?

Don't feel bad -- I"m on *this* side of the pond (i.e., the states), and
I have *no* clue either.   The rick-rack that I remember was almost
zig-zag like a bunch of NNNNNNNN except not that tight -- more like a
string of sideways Zs

Susan
-----
Susan Farmer