http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/wardrobe/ApotheosisDetail.jpg
http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/wardrobe/Montemezzano2.jpg
note she is a bit hunched over.
http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/wardrobe/BassanoConcert1.jpg
http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/wardrobe/MadonnadelleRose.jpg
among the working class
http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attyre/research/wkclass/wk8.html
http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attyre/research/wkclass/wk9.html
The thing is that these are all "Italian". There are a rare few Landsknecht.
I have a hard time finding the sort of squeezed melons on a platter in other
countries until the early to mid 1600s.
I think that the reason that women from the RenFaires like to wear the MoaP
is because 1. they are told the myth that that is how it was worn and 2. It
makes them feel a bit sexy.
A note on a previous post about modern women having bigger breast and
heavier weight then they did back when. I don't think that the person who
wrote the article you read had a look at late 1500s "Italian" paintings. IMO

De