From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Historical Films

In a message dated 4/23/2006 7:46:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

But if  more movie goers didn't use movies as if they were reliable
sources of  history...

******************

If only they would not use them as a reliable source of anything. Many
people REALLY think Bruce Willis is a tough guy you'd want to have on your
side  in
a pinch. NOT! They think Julie Andrews really is singing right then and
there
 on that Austrian hill side during a helicopter shot. Uh huh. Hell they
think
 that really is an Austrian hill side!

And I love those "behind the scenes" and "Making of" featurettes on
DVDs....as if they're true! No... they are films too! Nothing on film is
real.  Not
even reality TV!

Hell, we've got a president who won't listen to Science on global warming,
but invites Michael Crichton to the White House to discuss his stupid little

work of fiction "State of Fear"!