At 13:19 27/04/2006, you wrote:
Loophole alert- plain chain is very plain-if you hang a brooch or pendant
(removable) off of it and you shouldn't have any problems.
Pyro- sister to heralds

Now that's a great idea - I can live with that - thank you so much.

Suzi

At 06:25 27/04/2006, you wrote:
> >Just a note, you may get hassled if your Husband wears a plain gold
> >chain to an SCA event, in the SCA that is insignia reserved for
> >Knights.
>
>Thank you for the warning. I think as we are "foreign" visitors, and
>have been specially invited to the event as guests, we may well not
>have a problem. However, I will check with my hostess.
>If you are getting a jeweled or decorated chain, there's no problem
>but wearing a plain gold chain (after having been warned against it)
>would be a major faux pas.

That is a real pity, as if my husband were to wear a jewelled or
decorated chain in England it would be considered to be pretentious
and inaccurate, as it is not seen in portraits as far as I can
remember.He will probably have to go without altogether in that case,
as I don't want to spend money on something he can't wear here.

Suzi