Whew!  So it really is on topic!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew Trembley<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Historical Costume<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 12:21 PM
  Subject: Re: [h-cost] Metrosexual???? OT

  Saragrace Knauf wrote:
  > Okay, this may be a little off topic, but since I heard it on the Tudor
Fashion special (TFS) on showtime, maybe it isn't too bad.  I heard the word
Metrosexual (MS) for the first time in my life earlier this week in reference
to what I can't remember, then I heard it yesterday for the second time on the
TFS, and just now on NPR on "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me."  NPR's discussion
implies that it is another word for homosexual, the TFS refered to Henry VIII
as a MS....what the heck is everyone talking about???  Someone who copulates
with everything they can get their hands on??

  "Metrosexual" refers to a heterosexual guy who is a fashion whore.

  andy