As far as I can tell, the word means something along the line of being a
sophisticated clothes horse. Sexual preference has nothing to do with it.

May I express personal annoyance that people are using this term for
historic figures? Just like Hildegard of Bingen was a "liberated"
women--yeah, right. :/

Arlys