My mother remade my Dad's Royal Air Force uniforms into shorts and shirts for my brother in the late 40's or early 50's. and my Dad was still in the Air Force.

Thing was, he got promoted to an officer, and all his uniforms had to be replaced. So there was all this lovely Air Force blue wool going to waste...............................

I collect the odd sewing book, and have a lovely wartime book on how to make do and mend clothes that have moth holes, have shrunk etc. And I remember wool knit jumpers being unravelled, the wool washed, and new things made.

Suzi

I just gave away the last bits of Air Force wool from my dad's uniforms. He retired in 1974. I remember my mother and I both having suits made from that wool.

Melusine