At 10:18 AM 4/24/2008, Penny Ladnier wrote:
>About how many costume/fashion related books or magazines do you own?

current cataloged: 169 books with direct costume
focus, large collection of textiles, art and
manuscript facsim. with related info
Mags: Costume (#6 to current) and misc others

>What was the first one you purchased?  Where did you purchase it?

Don't remember probably sometime in the early 80's.

>What was your most recent purchase?

Die gegossenen kleeblattförmigen Fibeln der
Wikingerzeit aus Skandinavien by Birgit Maixner
is the most recent to arrive.. others on order.

>What do you think was the best deal that you
>have every made when purchasing a publication?

Don't remember.

>About how many period photographs do you own just for the costuming?

Don't do modern costuming (end about 1600). Have
family photos from 19th C that I suppose I could use.

>What book or magazine is your most
>treasured...if your house was on fire, you would take it with you.

Tough choice, probably 'Storia del costume in
Italia'  set by Rosita Levi Pisetzky

>What is the worse costume book that you own?  I know Robin has a collection!

Also tough choice, probably Norris (refuse to own a copy of Iris Brooke)

>Do you have a room devoted to your collection?

Separate building for library.

>When did you start collecting?

Collecting books my whole life.. serious costume
related book collecting probably early 80's

>Do you consider your collection for business or pleasure?

Pleasure.

>Optional questions:
>
>How many sewing machines do you own?  What types and age?

19th C treddle, 2 from 1940's (Singer and clone),
2 from 1950's (Sears, White), 2 from 1980's
(Penney's, Bernina) that I actually use most often

>How many sewing patterns do you own?

Don't know.

Beth Matney