At 17:31 24/04/2008, you wrote:
>At 10:18 AM 4/24/2008, Penny Ladnier wrote:
> >About how many costume/fashion related books or magazines do you own?
>
>About 400, including books with costume/sewing
>related pictures, about 1000 postcards of
>paintings(12 ring binders) plus ditto of photos
>I've taken myself, and the same stashed on the
>computer. (Or maybe more, I've not counted!)
>
> >What was the first one you purchased?  Where did you purchase it?

A Cavalcade of Costume - in the 1960's, in Stratford on Avon

> >What was your most recent purchase?

3 books of detail from the Snowshill Collection -
buttons, trims, and shoes - I already had the embroidery one.

> >What do you think was the best deal that you
> >have every made when purchasing a publication?

I got a "Toile de Jouy" for £5.00 in a charity shop

> >About how many period photographs do you own just for the costuming?

None, only as postcards -

> >What book or magazine is your most
> >treasured...if your house was on fire, you would take it with you.

My signed Hunnisetts and Arnolds (well I'm allowed an armful, aren't I?)

> >What is the worse costume book that you own?  I know Robin has a collection!

Maybe Norris, or the "Agony of Fashion" which
I've just donated to one of my students - tee, hee!

> >Do you have a room devoted to your collection?

Not exactly, although the landing is pretty full!

> >When did you start collecting?

1960's, when I started in theatre, but mostly in
the 1980's after college, when I worked my way
through the book list suggested by Hunnisett and Arnold!

> >Do you consider your collection for business or pleasure?

Both

> >How many sewing machines do you own?  What types and age?

A Singer and another one - whoo I'm having a forgetful day

> >How many sewing patterns do you own?

A couple of dozen paper ones, many not used, and lots and lots in books.

Suzi