I, for one, collect them.  I specialize in old treadles and
handcranks.  I make mine fully functional. I have found the old
Singers, prior to the 600 series, can sew through almost anything
without a problem. >>

Amen! My little Singer 99K is a gorgeous machine. The two Brother machines
(one sewing, one embroidery only) are functional, and look it. They create
beautiful things, but they aren't beautiful things in and of themselves.

Of course, I still want a treadle machine, and a handcrank, and a
Featherweight, and ooh of course that shiny Duetta with the HUGE embroidery
field. :-)

Dianne