Ladies & Gents,
H-costume archives doesnt have much on this question, so I'll pose it
directly: What's to do in Amsterdam & nearby?

I'm going to be in Amsterdam for a vacation next week and maybe a bit
after, and as usual I'm looking for ideas of where to go with an
extended family group.  I'm mostly in to high fashion historic
costuming, social dance & history from the early Renn up to and
including the 19th century. We're also interested in more than just
wearable stuff: castles, living history events.

My husband, bro-in-law, sis in law & I are all engineers and some of
the teenage nephews are headed that way so ships, airplanes, how a
wind mill works, science & tech museums are good fun.

If you have any ideas for family friendly events (the family runs ages
10-70+), we'd like those, too.  We'll have cars, so sites 1-2 hrs out
of town are also accessible.

Got any great suggestions?
Got any "out there" suggestions?
Thanks for the help,