--- On Sun, 11/30/08, Andrew T Trembley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The folks who talk about sergers not being appropriate for
> historical costume are short-sighted. They are entirely
> appropriate for early 20th century manufactured clothing
> recreation.
>
> andy

Thank you Andy. I knew Lord Matthew, having noted that he was in the SCA, was
looking for info appropriate for SCA use (pre-17th century).

Would you mind sharing what you know about how sergers were used for the early
20th century garments? I presume they were similar, but not the same as used
today, or were they? I have this Edwardian coat I want to work on, but the
directions with the pattern is rather scant on fully period techniques. I am
still debating in my head how period, or how modern I want to be when working
on it.

Thank you,

Kimiko