Expensive, but I've heard you can't tell them from the real thing. They do have a 'bag of scraps" 4 lbs for $29 - they seem to be not tiny scraps - with judicious piecing, the trimming could be done.

On the other hand, we've dealt with Moscow Hide and Fur (the link below) - they're very nice people and easy to work with. All their items are either farmed or legally hunted, and the descriptions from the website on fur size and condition are accurate.

Sandy

At 07:41 PM 3/2/2009, you wrote:
Sara,
you may want to look here ,they have alarge selection of real pelts, from a variety of animals.
They have an exceptionally large section of squirrel skins

 http://www.hideandfur.com/

--- On Mon, 3/2/09, Saragrace Knauf <wickedf...@msn.com> wrote:

From: Saragrace Knauf <wickedf...@msn.com>
Subject: [h-cost] What kind of fur would you use for this?
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Date: Monday, March 2, 2009, 4:06 PM

I am about to embark on a "Arnolfi Wedding" dress.

http://tinyurl.com/creey

OR

http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/cgi-bin/WebObjects.dll/CollectionPublisher.woa/wa/work?workNumber=NG186

I have 12 yards of the bright green wool....it weighs a ton! It looks like that
will just barely squeeze by as enough.

What kind of fur does it look like to you?  I am pretty sure I can't afford
that much Ermine....if that is what it is.

Unless it is REALLY good faux fur, I don't want to use it.  I am almost
more inclined to use a natural color of velvet --thinking rayon/silk....

What would you do?

Sg

"Those Who Fail to Learn History
Are Doomed to Repeat It;