When I was in London last month, I visited Watts & Co. in Westminster.  They
mostly do ecclesiastical accoutrements and they had fabulous brocade.  I
even got to see real cloth of gold (830 pounds per metre)!!!  They do have a
VERY good facsimile for a mere 83 pounds per metre and they will do mail
order.  I picked up a couple of bags of off-cuts so that I had some samples.

Anne

I saw a nearly perfect all-silk scarlet and yellow brocade, very
medieval, at Britex, more than a dozen years ago, for $150/yard.  I
spent quite a while admiring it.

I suspect that there are suitable top of the line brocades out there,
it's just getting access to the catalogs that places like Britex uses
for their ordering is impossible for the rest of us.