I have been doing some publicity for EB Games/Game Depot lately which is odd
seeing I don't have a damned idea about video and computer games nor any
interest in playing the things, however, has anyone seen the previews for
Assassin's Creed 2, an up-coming video game?

It is set in northern Italy, late 1400s. There was something suspicious about
the woman wearing red in the preview video (see it at thier site or go into a
game store, tell 'em I sent you!) so I went back to some old research and was a
bit surprised...

Whoever designed the game look has actually done more than gone to a Ren Faire,
the woman is not a bad animated match for some Durer sketches of that period --
or maybe just the Moonlighting Taming of the Shrew ep!

The lushness and textures impress me. Still, there is something about the
briefly-seen costume that annoys me although I cannot put my finger on it. Fall
of gown? Shape in general? I dunno. Anyone else seen it and have an opinion.

Oh, and by the way, I am not citing it as a great example of historical
reproduction, just a curiosity,

-C.