http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYuUaUi892k
First off, none of the gowns I saw were from or near 1400s looking. The
first woman on the sideline dancing with a man is wearing something akin to
what I had seen once upon a time in the Simplicity fantasy costume section.
The two "courtesans" one wearing green and the other in red look like
Hollywood 1800s western dance hall outfits or something that might have been
worn at the Moulin rouge.
at 3:02 and 3:08 there is a woman wearing something akin to Venice "V" gown.
http://tinyurl.com/kvcfkv

3:10 Striped gown, hard to see it but I believe the black partlet may be one
of the thing off about it.
Most gowns look like they were "Dangerous Beauty meets Moulin Rouge.

This demo,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9jIgLnQOSo&NR=1
at 2:49 looks like the back of a Florentine gown of 1530(?)
http://festiveattyre.com/research/secondflor/secflor6.html

I agree, good animation.