From: Lavolta Press <f...@lavoltapress.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Sat, October 9, 2010 6:21:41 PM
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Renaissance Dress in Italy

> To be more specific, Anybook NEVER had any inventory. Ever. They would troll
> online book sellers (probably using a bot) to source used books that were for
> sale online. They would then use a formula which would mark up the book by a
> great percentage. Then they would list the book for sale. Not the same
title...
> the exact same used book.

This is not illegal and again, unless against the bookseller's contract with
the
online lister, perfectly legitimate. I've occasionally seen some of my in-print
books listed at two or three thousand dollars apiece. So what? Everyone is free
to do an online price comparison and no one is forced to buy.

Fran
Lavolta Press
Two new books of 1880s clothing patterns!
www.lavoltapress.com