> If you're doing an 18th-century corset, you may have
> some difficulty creating a period effect, but the 18th-century aesthetic
> allows for a somewhat curved profile, and the lifted cleavage is more like
> that created by a modern push-up bra and less like the Elizabethan, so it
> should work well enough.

The decade of the 18thC makes a difference — early it was a lot straighter
and the shape got curvier through the century as it moves into the
"natural" silhouette of the regency era.

You don't see actual cleavage in most 18thc images. That whole pirate
wench / ren fair wench look is not what people were aiming for in either
era.

But beyond all that, what with your client's changing size she should
definitely wait until the healing is done before ordering a new corset, no
mater what era she is after. If she's able to try some different styles
that might help too, to see if she has any comfort issues.

With the popularity of fashion corsets these days, I doubt it will be news
to the doctor.

-Carol