Hmmm... sometime in the mid 90s, not sure what date as the old files are on my
old computer that died long ago. I actually found the group from a book about
computerized sewing, weaving and embroidery stuff, with a section in the back
on email groups and how the group of people could help other people with their
problems. It had a list of several email groups, from h-costume to a weaving
group to sci-fi/fantasy. I joined the h-costume group as I was involved
researching ren-faire costumes for my scots group at that time.

Kimiko

Kimiko Small
http://www.kimiko1.com

"Celebrate any progress. Don't wait to get perfect."
  ~ Ann McGee Cooper